Mmmmm yeah. This day isn’t as mind blowing as Friday. Still… there are a few gems. Which can be a great thing in terms of minimizing distractions
Every year we make toobbox.com playlists for each day at Coachella. We fill each playlist with a few songs from EACH artist that performs at Coachella. You won’t find anything more comprehensive anywhere!
Here is the playlist for Saturday of this year: http://toobbox.com/playlist/2013-coachella-sat
And here are the playlists for the days in years past:
- Friday Night 2012: http://toobbox.com/playlist/coachella-friday-the-13th-2012
- Saturday Night 2012: http://toobbox.com/playlist/coachella-saturday-the-14th-2012
- Sunday Night 2012: http://toobbox.com/playlist/coachella-sunday-the-15th-2012
- Friday Night 2011: http://toobbox.com/playlist/coachella-2011—night-1-friday
- Saturday Night 2011: http://toobbox.com/playlist/coachella-2011—night-2-saturday
- Friday Night 2010: http://toobbox.com/playlist/coachella-night-1-friday
- Saturday Night 2010: http://toobbox.com/playlist/coachella-night-2-saturday-4-17-2010
- Sunday Night 2010: http://toobbox.com/playlist/coachella-night-3-sunday-4-18-2010
Let’s check so the acts out….
I’m a huge Joy Division cult member. Therefore I have to like the child that New Order is of Joy Division. Watch the movie 24hr Party People and then go to this show. Amazing piece of musical history.
They have that hot tune. Might be worth watching live.
Interesting. Dub-steppy though. I know that’s a dicey topic these days.
The weird thing about Moby is I have no idea how he ever became a “big deal”. I’m old enough to have been listening to his music when he first debuted. But I always see him headlining, like he is U2 or something. Anyway, I guess he is a big deal.
Finally. Fuck yes. This is what American punk rock is all about. Must see. The originators.
Wow it’s been 10 years. I remember when they would play their song repeatedly on the radio. Now they are old. Crazy how time flies.
Man. KROQ would play these guys non-stop for two decades. I guess you gotta see em.
Simian Mobile Disco
Pretty catchy and dancey. Plus if you like watching women kiss each other, then you might like their videos.
Wow – that’s one controversial ass video. Props to them. Damn.
Tight raps. Cute videos.
80s vomit? Or good tunes? You decide.
I don’t know what it is with kids these days and the 1980s. The 80s weren’t that great. No one had disposable income. Fashion was whack. And we had crazy presidents.
Ah ska. The world needs more ska.
Reminds me of Fugazi if you’re into that sort of thing.
Wow. crazy shit. Trippy videos. Good tracks.
hah. these dudes roam the same streets we do. I wonder how many times we’ve crossed paths.
Birdy Nam Nam
That little dj set they do is pretty dope. Real wax. Real turntables. Would like to see that in person.
Gotta seem him. KCRW dj. One of two radio stations worth listening to in L.A. That and KDAY.